Friday, July 15, 2011

Will this end up disqualifying me at MEPS?

I am in the process of enlisting in the army (national guard to be exact) and I was wondering about MEPS. When I was younger I did a lot of stupid stuff and broke a lot of bones 2 breaks and 2 fractures. 2 required surgery and pins and latter the pins were removed after it was healed and I have a full range of motion. Now I want to disclose this information to MEPS because I don't want to lie on the questionare. However when was 12 I had a bone scan done that said I had osteoporosis however every doctor I have ever talked to even orthopedic doctors tell me that I don't have it any more as it would have stunted my growth (as I am now 6ft 140lbs and really healthy). Now this is the information I don't want to disclose because I can't "prove that I don't have it anymore because they probably won't take a doctors word for it and my family and I don't have enough money to pay for the test again because it is awfully expensive. Now my question is can I disclose the information about my broken bones to MEPS and them not find out about the osteoporosis stuff. Like if I disclose all of the stuff about my broken bones will they call my doctors and end up finding out about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment