Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My husky is sweet but dominant, at home and outside, in a battle with him all the time, getting tired of this.?

I have a beautiful and sweet male Husky, 8 months old, do you live in the UK?, contact me if your interested to have him!. It is impossible to keep him in our house, he is hyperactive and very dominant. He plows through the garden, destroys flowers and now I have to keep him inside, as its a rental, he chews on everything inside the house, shoes, baseboard in kitchen, and the cracks of the wooden floor. jumps at me and people in the street, tear us over the street, jumps high upwards towards passing cars and other dogs, and I won't permit it. My husband lets him jump towards people when they say its ok. I try to explain we both need to handle him the same way, but he thinks I am too strict, I suppose. My dog runs like a madman towards young children (loves them) and adults, I fear we can get in trouble because of it, as he also run into a man in wheelchair, we have a big struggle to get him back when we let him go at the beach or the river, you can read in his eyes, what is going on in his mind, he tries everything out that is forbidden. But its comming to a point I have enough of this behaviour, I read on the internet their calm and need a lot exercise so I thought we could walk with him often, but its a struggle on the street as he does not walk normal. Its not a type of dog to keep in a household as he needs space to run and play. He needs an owner that does not have to be carefull with gardens and inside, and lots more for him as he has a sweet character. It is selfish also to keep him I think. I payed a lot money for him but his wellfare comes first. As I can imagine he is not in his element. I won't just give him away, I need to know he gets a good home first.

No comments:

Post a Comment