Thursday, July 14, 2011

I have a Major and a Masters degree both in Marketing.?

I have a Major and a Masters degree, both in Marketing. I recently had a job interview for an Administrative Assistant position for which the job posting require only a Major degree; never mentioned a Masters requirement. Therefore my job application with the organization never mentioned my Masters degree neither did I mention it on my first interview. My experience has always been that for these kind of positions, they never call me for a first interview if my resume includes my Masters degree. Now, I have been called for a second interview and I learned from my first interview that the position has more responsibilities for which my Master would be beneficial to the organization and for my possibilities of being hired. My questions are, would it be convenient to mention my Masters degree on my second interview for this position? Would mentioning it disqualify me for that position for being "Overqualified"? Would the employer consider that I lied on my first interview and disqualify me any way, even if having a Masters would better qualify me for the job?

No comments:

Post a Comment