Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Possible Disqualified from MEPS? Prior Service?

Im Currently in the USAF separating in 2 months honorable discharge and switching over to the USMC. I have to go through MEPS again, but I'm worried they will disqualify me. I had few minor medical issues while I have been in the USAF, but one issue worries me the most about going through MEPS. About a year ago i was working late and took one of those 5-hour energy shots, i felt like my heart was racing and got very nervous(i work in the clinic on base). I went to the nurse, and they sent me to the ER since the clinic was closed and the doctors all went home. The ER said they think i had a panic attack and did a EKG on my heart it was normal but showed i had Sinus Arrithimia. I was told that its not anything serious and alot of people have it. I followed up with my doctor on base and she sent me to a heart doctor off base to just check and make sure nothing is wrong with my heart. He did an unltrasound everything came back normal, he said im just thin physically and arrithimia is normal in thin people. He also did a 24-hour heart monitor thing i had to wear. He said everything was normal and i had PAC's which he believed is just do to the arrithimia all in all everything was fine. I never went to mental health for the "panic attack" and doctors said im perfectly normal, no restrictions and to stay away from energy shots. haha.. SO im worried im going to go to MEPS and they will deny me, re-entry becasue i had those minor things with my heart. On the MEPS papers they ask you, have you ever had Palpitations, PAC's, pounding heart, etc.. and im afraid I mark "yes" even the doc said i was normal i will be disqualified.. and some people have told me to just mark "no" .. but IM Prior service so they will easily be able to look at my electronic medical records in the computer and know if i lie about something. My recruitor says not to worry about it. But i am worried.. should i have the heart doc write me a letter to give MEPS saying he finds my heart normal and im clear to continue with military service in the USMC? I wish i could call MEPS(not giving my name) and ask but i dont think they answer questions on the phone.. advice please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment