Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Air Force Vision Waiver?

I recently completed MEPS. Here is my situation. I KNOW I have correctable 20/20 vision. My optometrist assured me so when I recently go my new glasses. I also took a separate vision exam with another doctor prior to MEPS. However, at MEPS, I didn't do so well during the vision exam, and they calculated my vision was 20/30. This disqualified me from pretty much every job I wanted to do, to include Security Forces, EOD, SERE, etc. I asked if I could retake the vision exam again, and they said no. The Liaison said that I could try for a waiver, but the Surgeon General and his office typically do not overrule MEPS doctors. I'm trying for a waiver anyways, but I want to know if there are other possible options or solutions for my problem. Any answers are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment